Butterick Lisette B6385 – Part 2 – The Finished Coat!

Hello all,

A very quick post to show off my completed Butterick Lisette B6385.  I started this coat in November of last year which you can read about here.   Because this was the second time making it, the majority of it was done within about a week.  I became quite indecisive about buttons for it however, and set it aside while I found ones I liked.

Of course, then the Holiday season ramped up and my attentions were drawn to cooking, baking and décor.  My poor Lisette hung sadly unfinished on my dress form in the basement for a month and a half.

But now, it is finished and I am very happy with the end result.  I chose to make my own shoulder pads out of some leftover wool batting.  This was a first for me as I have always used ready made shoulder pads, but I must tell you – I think I am now converted.  My decision to try to make them was because I couldn’t find thin pads in the stores.  That said, and with an understanding of just how easy they are to fashion in whatever size and thickness suits, I don’t know why I didn’t do this before.  And goodness knows I am always keen to use up some scraps wherever I can.

Enough jibber jabber…here is the finished coat.  And just in time too.  We have been absolutely hammered with snow!


Bye for now,



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.